Choosing the right contractor is one of the most important decisions you will make during your remodeling project. Take a list of these important considerations before you make your final choice.
Does Your Contractor...
- have a contract that covers each phase of the job with detailed material and labor specifications?
- offer a WRITTEN warranty on their materials and workmanship?
- put into writing a start and completion date?
- belong to reputable business organizations like NARI, PRO and BBB?
- have an established business office with staff to answer all your phone calls?
- offer you Design/Build services to convert your ideas into blueprints necessary to secure permits?
- offer three dimensional CAD drawings to help you visualize your completed project?
- listen to and incorporate your ideas into the plans?
- suggest viable alternatives in the design stage?
- return with a written quote in a timely fashion?
- provide verification of current insurances and Worker's Compensation?
- detail payment terms in the agreement?
- allow you to retain a percentage until all items have been completed to your satisfaction?
- have experience in the remodeling business long enough to fully understand this unique industry?
- instill confidence that they are capable of doing each phase of the project through completion?
If your answer to one or more of the critical questions is NO, it's time to call the remodeling experts at Dover Home Remodelers.
Give us a call today